Thunderbird 2 in repositories

Stratos Laspas stratos at laspas.gr
Wed Apr 25 18:53:34 UTC 2007

στις 04/25/07 18:50, O/H Wolfgang έγραψε:
> I'm not an expert in compiling and debugging, but as I did not find
> binaries for AMD64 I tried to compile it myself and that went very well.

Most likely, Tb2.0 will only get into Feisty through the
feisty-backports repositories, if at all.

Regarding its use in Feisty 64bit, if you have installed the packages
ia32-libs and ia32-libs-gtk, then just download the i686 binary from
mozilla.org, extract it and use it from there.

Read more about it here:

Also, as Kilz wrote in that thread...

"Compiling the code used to make 32bit applications on a 64bit machine

will simply make it install easier. It may give it a slight , and I

mean slight (not humanly noticeable) boost."