Desktop on server

Troy Davis tdavis at comstech.com
Sun Apr 8 05:39:06 UTC 2007

Hi, guys I have installed server. Done update then upgrade.

Then I apt-get install ubuntu-desktop during the install I choose 1600 x
1200 which I sure my monitor can handle.

But on reboot my monitor seems to flash a little of the logon colour of the
desktop then my monitor turns off

So I have 3 questions

1.	How can I boot normally and not automatically start the gui
2.	how do I then start the gui manually when I do want to use it
3.	What  is the config file called and located so I can change the
default screen res for the desktop so I can try and get it to display

Regards Troy

Comstech Systems

www.comstech.com.au