dbDesigner

Jeffrey F. Bloss jbloss at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Apr 8 05:26:58 UTC 2007

John Dangler wrote:

<prune>

> > I could not connect to either of my two MySQL5 servers though, or even
> > keep it from core dumping when opening one of its "examples". That's
> > under either libmysqlclient15. or libmysqlclient14. I gave up rather
> > than trying to install libmysqlclient12 or 10 which are both in the
> > Universe repo if memory serves, so you may have better results if
> > you're willing to go that extra mile and fix up the libmysqlclient.so
> > symlink in ./Liblinux to point to one of those versions.
> >
> > Best of luck. ;)
>
> So, what tool are you using?

To be blunt... nothing. :)

I'm anything but a competent DB programmer, to be sure. More of an
infant just learning to walk, and not investing a lot of time on that
because I'm busy mastering other things like drinking from a cup. <g>

But I *am* trying to walk upright so I've at least tried on a few
different pairs of shoes. The latest and greatest Workbench straight
from the generic/static binary tarball "just works" on this Edgy box,
not that I'm competent enough to do anything significant with it.

http://dev.mysql.com/get/Downloads/MySQLGUITools/mysql-gui-tools-5.0r10-linux-i386.tar.gz/from/pick

No need to go through the registration, just scroll down to one of the
mirrors...

--
     _?_      Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
    (o o)         Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.