How to create symlink

Scott Severance scott at scottseverance.us
Thu Sep 28 02:59:21 UTC 2006

On 9/27/06, umair ubuntu <umairubuntu at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear nodata thanks for reply and apologies for disturbing you once again.
> Actually i m totally new to LINUX plateform and have no programming
> background.
> I m using ubuntu 6.06.
> i have followed the instruction as listed below.But my problem is that i
> cant understand  heading 2 (update by richardo chavez) and last heading Using
> The Modem i have following problems.
>
>    -  I donot know whether kppp or kate  is installed on mycomputer or
>    not
>    - If these editors not installed how to install them?
>    - how i m going to create file /etc/udev/rules.d/10-local.rules ?
>    - whether 10-local.rules is file name or folder name ?
>    - when i creat file using gedit and save it as 10-local.rules in
>    /etc/udev/rules.d a meesage apperas and says you dont have permission
>
> text below is borrowed from
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/DialupModemHowto
>  PLZ help me

10-local.rules is a file name in the folder /etc/udev/rules.d. To create or
edit system files, you need superuser privileges. Hit Alt+F2 and type gksudo
gedit to open gedit with superuser privileges. If you use Kubuntu, type kdesu
kate instead.

--
===Scott Severance===

Website: http://www.scottseverance.us
Blog: http://blog.scottseverance.us
Phone: (903) 665-0222

Check out the Sermon Illustration Library:
http://www.sermonillustrationlibrary.org