LCD projection in UBUNTU

Amichai Rotman amichai at iglu.org.il
Wed Sep 20 12:22:55 UTC 2006

1) Just look for a blue graphic of a monitor (a rectangle) - that is the key
you have to press while holding the function (Fn) key.
2) make the cable connections while both projector and computer are off - to
prevent any damage to the devices - and then turn the projector on first,
and after it warm up - turn the laptop on.

That should do the trick.

Of course, you need to make sure the projector is set up to the right input
signal.

Good Luck!

On 9/20/06, ac <"aec$news"@candt.waitrose.com> wrote:

> Anthony Yarusso wrote:
> > Artur Boicu wrote:
> >> Dear friends,
> >> What should I do if i do not have the image when projecting from Ubuntu
> using an LCD projector?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Arthur
> >>

> > As Jaime Davila said, it's likely a matter of a function key.  I did
> > this for the first time a few weeks ago, using an IBM/Lenovo ThinkPad,
> > and it was Fn+F7.  Note that you may need to a) wait a few seconds after
> > the keypress for the change to take effect, b) press it a few times, as
> > it cycles through a few display options (for me showing only on the
> > computer screen, showing only on the projector, and showing on both
> > screens), and c) making sure the projector is set to stay looking for a
> > signal from a connected computer.  If it is cycling looking for any kind
> > of connection it may have a very difficult time finding your computer in
> > any satisfactory time frame.
>
> In a dell laptop I have it is fn F8 to switch to external display
> --
> ac

Amichai Rotman

UIN#: 6401746