Ubuntu & Postfix

Oscar Veloz oveloz at glasfloss.com
Tue Sep 12 13:35:49 UTC 2006

I have a Dapper server that I did the LAMP setup on, then I installed
postfix and mailscanner.  What I'm trying to do is build an SMTP gateway
that receives mail, filters out spam and forwards on to my exchange
server.  I think postfix is up and running but how can I check to see if
it is?  Is there not a walkthrough somewhere of how to test postfix?
Also, how do I see what ports are listening on my Dapper box, and could
I telnet into port 25 and test that way?