swsusp: cannot find swap device - or is it an ACPI error?

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Tue Sep 12 14:45:02 UTC 2006

chris_ti_an wrote:

> I had the same problem after I changed my swap device from one partition
> to another. As said above, one either has to add
> Code:
> --------------------
>     resume=/dev/sda10
> --------------------
>  to the kernel line of grub, or change the file
> /etc/mkinitramfs/conf.d/resume by setting the right partition:
> Code:
>     RESUME=/dev/hda10

Ah-hah!  Thank you for that.  For over a year, I've had resume working just
fine without a resume parameter in grub, and without any (intentional)
action on my part.  I had eventually figured out that it was
in /etc/mkinitrd/mkinitrd.conf.  Then one day it mysteriously stopped
working.  Since I don't _have_ a mkinitramfs, perhaps that's my problem...
--
derek