configuring modem

Bry Melvin brymelvin at msn.com
Tue Oct 31 18:40:33 UTC 2006

> Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 22:47:36 +0530
> From: cheataah at gmail.com
> To: ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
> Subject: configuring modem
>
> i have got a CIS 5614PM3 Data Fax Modem #3 loctaed at PCI Slot 3 (PCI
> bus 1, device 2, function 0)
> (details-PCI\VEN_127A&DEV_1003&SUBSYS_10031436&REV_01\4&2E98101C&0&10F0).
> I want to configure it in my kubuntu 6.06 inorder to connect to a bsnl
> dial up connection(India).
> I tried to configure it in kppp, but couldnt.
> pls help.

A google search shows this modem reporting as a Rockwell some of them have Conexant Chipsets.

This is apparently a controllerless or software modem.

Take a look at http://www.linuxant.com

There is a chipset identification utility and drivers you can download for trial.

The bad news is if it works you'll have to pay for the driver.

If it is one of their supported chipsets there is no free way to get that modem working fully.

Bryann