laptop standby (partial success)

C Hamel yogich at sc2000.net
Fri Oct 20 14:14:53 UTC 2006

On Friday 20 October 2006 01:41, alvonsius albert wrote:
<SNIP>
> If your case was to bring your laptop back after suspend , try add this
> line under the "Device" section of your /etc/X11/xorg.conf
>
> Option          "VBERestore"    "true"
>
> I tried this and from suspend to wake again has no problem at all. BTW I'm
> using i915, dunno if this works to on "bigfoot cards" like ATi and nVidia

> =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
> Alvonsius Albert N
> Programmer/Web Developer
> PT Gamatechno Indonesia
>
> "Do whatever you like, but remember to take care all the responsibilities"
>
> Currently Blog at http://alvonsius.blogsome.com
This option works for the ATI card.  Hibernate now WORKS, but suspend still
does not.  When I hit the switch after suspension the only thing that happens
is that the lights come back on, as well as the fan.  Nothing else happens.
When I select 'standby' in the ACPI box that item does not even show in the
power menu.
--
	...CH