Edgy - "Missing" Directories

stude.list at googlemail.com stude.list at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 8 20:46:28 UTC 2006

Hi

On 08/10/06, Scott <geekboy at angrykeyboarder.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure what's happened (I suspect I've inadvertently changed a
> setting somewhere  --  but then...maybe not) but when I open Nautilus
> and move to the top of the directory tree, I only see two directories.
> Those being "home" and "media".
So your saying you can't see the directories but they're there?

It is possible that you've inadvertantly removed the executable bit
for the directories for your user.

any chance you could do:
ls -al /
and then as root
sudo ls -al /

this should give you the groups and permissions.
Note that the executable bit on directories makes it listable.

Or it could be something totally unrelated, in which case I haven't a clue.