Remove Kubuntu and Edubuntu

Sameera Shaakunthala shaakunthala at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 09:27:04 UTC 2006

    I have installed Ubuntu, Edubuntu, Kubuntu on my box.
    First I installed Ubuntu on /dev/hda1. Then I installed Edubuntu on
/dev/hda6. Finally I installed Kubuntu on /dev/hda5.
    I think that if I format /dev/hda5, the GRUB may confused.
    So I think that first I need to 'repair' the existing Ubuntu
installation without losing any data. (I hope Ubuntu will overwrite the
GRUB to make itself default). Then I will format the other EXT3 volumes
to remove existing other operating systems.
    Do you have any ideas about my "genius";-) plan?
    Please tell me how to repair Ubuntu without losing any data and updates?

    Please consider that I am new to Linux.
I understood that I should learn one-by one. If I take all at once,
nothing will be completely done.

* Shaakunthala
shaakunthala at gmail.com
shaakunthala at yahoo.com