Plone

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Tue Nov 28 18:53:06 UTC 2006

Alexis Kotte wrote:

> On 11/27/06, Derek Broughton <news at pointerstop.ca> wrote:
>> Are there any plone experts here?  I'm trying to install a new product in
>> plone and nothing ever shows up in the 'Add/remove products' page (Edgy:
>> zope 2.9, zope-cmfplone 2.5.1).
>
> I tried this as well and found out that plone is not starting up
> correctly: it could not load some needed modules.
> I resorted to just installing zope2.9 and getting the plone tarball
> from plone.org. Installation is pretty easy.

Easy or not, plone just isn't important enough to me to want to do it
_again_ from source (I already have a plone installation on CentOS that had
to be done from source...).  I'm not seeing any sign that plone isn't
starting properly - where did you see this?  The default "plone-site" looks
right.  The particular product did have some errors (obviously created on a
Windows site, ugh! - directory names were uppercased), but once I fixed
those, I stopped getting errors but I still don't have an installable
product.  If it wasn't for the errors in the first place, I wouldn't even
have a clue that it really was trying to load the product.

> prev>ImportError: The _imaging C module is not installed
> prev>while python-imaging (containing this C module) IS installed.
>
> prev>It turned out I was missing the jpeg lib as "ldd" was telling me,

We _still_ had this problem with the source tarball we installed on the
CentOS system...
--
derek