notebook decision?

Kristian Rink kristian at zimmer428.net
Tue Nov 28 09:06:27 UTC 2006

Folks;

I'm in the lucky situation of being allowed to buy a new business
notebook for my everyday work, which will be running edgy (to host my
eclipse based JEE development environment as well as a bunch of
administrative tools).

By now, our hardware vendor has offered two different devices yet they
don't know at all about Linux compatibility as they usually just "sell"
hardware (with Windows pre-installed):

- First one is a MaxData Pro 8100 IWS , which would have the advantage
that our hardware vendor could sell this as "hardware only", without
having "Windows tax" included.

- Second one is a Toshiba Tecra A8 , which would by my boss' first
choice as people around here got used to Toshiba machines and are pretty
happy with them.

So, short question: Does anyone around here have any sort of Linux
experiences with any of the two devices? Which of the two machines
should I want to prefer, which one should I try staying away from?

Thanks in advance for any hints! :)
Kris