ClamAv: is anyone paying attention?

Gabriel Dragffy dragffy at yandex.ru
Thu Nov 23 00:07:56 UTC 2006

Thank you very much for such an amusing, reassuring and informative
post. I have noted each of your points and will endeavour to understand
clamav a little better.

Perhaps you are willing to assist in that also?
Mainly I want clamav to do on-access scanning and auto-updating so i can
basically not do any administering or at least baby-sitting of this
program. I don't actually care that much about it, just need it to do
what "it says on the box"!

How do you get it to run residently in memory and scan files that are
accessed?

How do you get it to check for and update automatically?

Lastly, how do you ensure that both of these processes are begun when
the computer is booted?

Kindest regards,
Gabe