Linux and Open Source... What is still missing?

YAGNESH N DESAI ynd at hzw.ltindia.com
Mon Nov 20 05:46:08 UTC 2006

Chris;

Thanks for your reply. Your point is well taken. By the time your reply came
I could install the Compiler and compile the Mplayer.

Though I do not hope to download and compile many codes. My major
issue is that I use my Linux installation without Internet (Many would do
it as a forced situation). In such a situation when i try to download
an indivudual .deb (Binary) files from the archive I find that it takes
lot of efforts and time to resolve the dependancies issues. Many times I have to
leave without the software which I was looking for.

My most loved VLC media player is not on my Linux for the same reason.
I have to gather lot of courage to restart the process of getting it.

Yagnesh