ubuntu-kubuntu-xubuntu on one box

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Thu Nov 16 12:46:28 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-11-16 at 04:42 -0700, Scott wrote:

> That's if your doing a dist-upgrade.  Otherwise it's not been a
> problem
> for me.

No, that's when you use Update Manager, read the posting the GP linked

> Not to mention, I pretty much ignore the update manager and simply
>
>         $sudo apt-get update;sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
>
> at least once a day.

1. While useful during development, his is pretty useless once a Ubuntu
version has been released
2. Upgrading this way is NOT the Ubuntu-recommended way. Read the whole
discussion on sounder (see GP's link) and/or
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/EdgyUpgrades