how is suspend-to-disk supposed to work?

Joerg Beyer j.beyer at web.de
Thu May 25 19:15:36 UTC 2006

Matt Price schrieb:

> Hi Joerg,  I justrealized we have nearly identical hardware setups.  I
> am actually able to suspend-to-RAM (not to disk) using the hibernate
> package and the ACPI options there.  Have you tried that?

yes - but without success.

> I htink that the USB subsystem gets messed up, but I haven't had so
> very much toruble iwth it yet.  There may be some other trouble too --
> I notice amarok crashes hard sometimes after a resume, nad I have to
> reboot.
>
> What I *really* want is to get suspend2 working, but haven't been able

with a self build kernel? Which version have you tried? With which
result?

I have a self built vmlinuz-2.6.16.14-suspend2 kernel, which does not
awake again. The error message is, that grub cant map the resume
parameter to a partion (haven't written down the exact wording, but can
do that if anybody needs it). I have a sata disk with /dev/sda4 as
swap partition.

	any hints?
	Joerg