Is it wise to upgrade to Dapper (Kubuntu) now?

Chanchao custom at freenet.de
Thu May 18 10:35:44 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-05-18 at 11:51 +0300, Avraham Hanadari wrote:

> For what it's worth, the time recognition was off during installation,

It's not that the time recognition is off, but rather that you haven't
selected your time zone at that point. (Or that the systems assumes the
clock is GMT)

> and the crash occurred each time when I selected manual partitioning.

Do automatic.   Just leave empty unpartitioned space, then let Ubuntu
worry about partitioning.  (Keeping in mind this is still beta software,
and that the installer is still being worked on)

> Any suggestions about why the installation crashed?

No, but I suggest to leave enough free unpartitioned space (at least
5Gb, preferably more), then boot the Live CD and tell it to just
install to the free space.

Cheers,
Chanchao