Is it wise to upgrade to Dapper (Kubuntu) now?

Avraham Hanadari rufus at hanadari.net
Thu May 18 13:06:20 UTC 2006

Chanchao wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-05-18 at 11:51 +0300, Avraham Hanadari wrote:
>
>> For what it's worth, the time recognition was off during installation,
>
> It's not that the time recognition is off, but rather that you haven't
> selected your time zone at that point. (Or that the systems assumes the
> clock is GMT)

That's right. But when I tied to adjust the clock to the correct time,
it just bounced my computer's internal clock off by three hours. Did't
seem to be any way to make it play nicely, so I decided to go ahead,
assuming I could make the adjustment later.

>> and the crash occurred each time when I selected manual partitioning.
>
> Do automatic.   Just leave empty unpartitioned space, then let Ubuntu
> worry about partitioning.  (Keeping in mind this is still beta software,
> and that the installer is still being worked on)

Therefore the manual partitioning is not functioning properly. That's a
definite bug!

>> Any suggestions about why the installation crashed?
>
> No, but I suggest to leave enough free unpartitioned space (at least
> 5Gb, preferably more), then boot the Live CD and tell it to just
> install to the free space.

I'll try that. I just downloaded the iso again. Maybe there was a defect
in my CD. If I can't get it this time, I'll have to wait till 1.6. I
rea;;y like the mild interface of Ubuntu, but it lacks features I need,
and maybe there in Kubuntu.
  Thanks,

Avraham