Dapper clock and locales

Keith Powell keith at keithg4jvx.force9.co.uk
Tue Mar 28 17:38:47 UTC 2006

I have just installed the latest version of Ubuntu Dapper with all the
updates.

With previous versions of Ubuntu, I could choose whether the clock
showed the time in 12 hour mode or 24 hour, by using the clock's
'preferences'. But with Dapper, there is no 12 hour mode to select. Is
there another way of getting the clock to show the time in 12 hour mode?

The Time Zone is correctly set to Europe/London.

I don't know if this has a bearing on the problem, but with previous
versions of Ubuntu (and Libranet before that), after installation I
always ran "dpkg-reconfigure locales" and made just the "en_GB" locale
active. This won't work with Dapper.

Any advice greatfully received.

Many thanks

Keith