Dapper clock and locales

Chanchao custom at freenet.de
Wed Mar 29 02:58:00 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-03-28 at 18:38 +0100, Keith Powell wrote:

> With previous versions of Ubuntu, I could choose whether the clock
> showed the time in 12 hour mode or 24 hour, by using the clock's
> 'preferences'. But with Dapper, there is no 12 hour mode to select. Is
> there another way of getting the clock to show the time in 12 hour mode?

Right click on the clock, select 'Preferences'. :)  (Just below 'adjust
date and time).  Strange that this isn't under the 'Preferences' menu
though where it's quite obviously a user-preference.  (Actually I think
'timezone' should be a user preference too rather than (or in addition
to) a system wide setting, but that's nitpicking)

But now that you mention this, it seems the whole thing on
regional/location settings is gone, including where you could specify
number formats, default currency symbols, calendar types and so on..  Is
this still being worked on or did I just miss it?

Cheers,
Chanchao