synaptic, apt-get now prompt for install CD

Art Alexion art.alexion at verizon.net
Mon Mar 27 14:26:59 UTC 2006

Craig Hagerman wrote:

> On 3/26/06, Colin Brace <cb at lim.nl> wrote:
>>
>> For some reason, both synaptic and apt-get have suddenly started
>> prompting me to insert the Breezy install CD every time I try to
>> install a package. I don't recall having changed any settings; anyone
>> have any idea what is going on?

> I just did a new install of Dapper and this behaviour threw me for a
> sec. I got rid of it by commenting out the CD line in the
> sources.list. Open up /etc/apt/sources.list in your preferred editor
> and put a hash (#) in from of the line near the top that lists the CD.
> Then it won't ask for the CD again but dl everything from the net.

You are being prompted to install the CD, because the newest version of the
package or library is on the CD.  Apt wants to save you download time by
retrieving it from the CD instead of an online repository.

--
Art Alexion

The attachment -- signature.asc -- is my electronic signature; no need for
alarm.
Info @