synaptic, apt-get now prompt for install CD

Craig Hagerman craighagerman at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 15:08:43 UTC 2006

On 3/26/06, Colin Brace <cb at lim.nl> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> For some reason, both synaptic and apt-get have suddenly started
> prompting me to insert the Breezy install CD every time I try to
> install a package. I don't recall having changed any settings; anyone
> have any idea what is going on?
>
> --
>   Colin Brace
>   Amsterdam

I just did a new install of Dapper and this behaviour threw me for a
sec. I got rid of it by commenting out the CD line in the
sources.list. Open up /etc/apt/sources.list in your preferred editor
and put a hash (#) in from of the line near the top that lists the CD.
Then it won't ask for the CD again but dl everything from the net.

Craig