synaptic, apt-get now prompt for install CD

Ronald van Engelen ubuntu-users at lacocina.nl
Tue Mar 28 07:22:04 UTC 2006

Op zo, 26-03-2006 te 16:27 +0200, schreef Colin Brace:
> For some reason, both synaptic and apt-get have suddenly started
> prompting me to insert the Breezy install CD every time I try to
> install a package. I don't recall having changed any settings; anyone
> have any idea what is going on?

Hi Colin,

for some mysterious reason your Breezy Install CD is now the default apt
repository.

You can fix this by removing the corresponding entry in synaptic
(Settings -> Repositories) or commenting out or removing the line in
`/etc/apt/sources.list`.

After having done so you should perform and `apt-get update`.

Regards,
Ronald