PCMCIA mem card won't mount...

C Hamel yogich at sc2000.net
Thu Mar 9 15:57:12 UTC 2006

On Thursday 09 March 2006 09:29, Charles E "Rick" Taylor IV wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-03-09 at 08:59 -0600, C Hamel wrote:
> > ...that is, until I hit the icon a 2nd time.  THEN, it mounts.  The first
> > time I hit the icon the file mgr comes up EMPTY.  The 2nd time, it shows
> > the files. <LOL>  I'm currently on Breezy Badger but the Flight4 Dapper
> > Drake does the exact same thing.  I'm finally curious enough to ask why.
> > No other distro has done this, and I've used many.  This isn't major, but
> > it's highly frustrating, sometimes. ;-)
>
> Maybe you're having this problem?
>
> http://rickandpatty.com/jvcmini.html

Perhaps... I put in the 'fix' and will see if anything changes.  What I did
not mention is that the mem card is always in the notebook.  I never remove
it.  All my financial stuff is on it in the event of a major crash.  That,
since I (1)procured a larger card for the camera.  ( I then procured a better
camera w/a different card. ;-) )

Thanks!!
--
	...CH