ubuntu 6.04 and gdesklets

João Paulo Sousa joao.paulo.sousa at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 14:13:51 UTC 2006

I have installed ubuntu 6.04 and gdesklets dosen't work .  It's have the
fowlling error:

/* jpaulo at a007:~$ gdesklets start

You're running gDesklets for the first time.
gDesklets will start a requirements check now...

Checking requirements:
 - sys ... found
 - xml.parsers.expat ... found
 - xml.sax ... found
 - gtk ... found
 - ORBit ... found
Version check failed.

ORBit python bindings (pyorbit) version == 2.0.1 are required.

Please make sure that the required software is installed.
Also try to avoid having multiple versions of a library/binding on your
system.
gDesklets won't work if you don't have all necessary dependencies installed
on your system.

THE STARTUP WILL BE CANCELLED NOW! */

I have installed the python-pyobr 2.13.1,  python-pyorbit_2.0.1-2ubuntu3,
but dosen't work.
I try to remove the  python2.4-pyorbit package but has many dependices.
How can i solve this problem?

Regards,_all.deb

João Paulo.