trac-admin problem with Ubuntu bundled version (0.9.3)

Andy Buckley andy.buckley at durham.ac.uk
Thu Jun 29 20:14:59 UTC 2006

I've been seeing the following problem with the trac-admin command from
the Ubuntu Dapper Universe package repository:

----
andy at dirac:~$ sudo trac-admin /var/trac/andy initenv
Creating a new Trac environment at /var/trac/andy

Trac will first ask a few questions about your environment
in order to initalize and prepare the project database.

  Please enter the name of your project.
  This name will be used in page titles and descriptions.

Project Name [My Project]> Andy

  Please specify the connection string for the database to use.
  By default, a local SQLite database is created in the environment
  directory. It is also possible to use an already existing
  PostgreSQL database (check the Trac documentation for the exact
  connection string syntax).

Database connection string [sqlite:db/trac.db]>

  Please specify the absolute path to the project Subversion repository.
  Repository must be local, and trac-admin requires read+write
  permission to initialize the Trac database.

Path to repository [/var/svn/test]> /svn/andy

  Please enter location of Trac page templates.
  Default is the location of the site-wide templates installed with Trac.

Templates directory [/usr/share/trac/templates]>

Creating and Initializing Project
Segmentation fault
----

Has anyone else seen the same problem? And fixed it? :) Any ideas? A
starter would be if there's a way to get a traceback of some kind rather
than just "Segmentation fault". Here's the package info:

----
andy at dirac:~$ apt-cache show trac
Package: trac
Section: universe/web
Installed-Size: 1684
Maintainer: Jesus Climent <jesus.climent at hispalinux.es>
Architecture: all
Version: 0.9.3-1ubuntu1
Depends: python (<< 2.5), python (>= 2.4), python-clearsilver (>=
0.9.3), python-pysqlite2 | python-sqlite (>= 0.4.3) | python2.4-psycopg,
python2.4-subversion (>= 0.37), subversion (>= 1.0.1)
Recommends: apache2 | httpd, python2.4-setuptools (>= 0.5a13)
Suggests: enscript, python-docutils, libapache2-mod-python
Filename: pool/universe/t/trac/trac_0.9.3-1ubuntu1_all.deb
Size: 298496
MD5sum: 431e71a2dd5bd952ea6b7281e9158294
development projects. Trac uses a minimalistic approach to web-based
software project management. Our mission; to help developers write great
software while staying out of the way. Trac should impose as little as
possible on a team's established development process and policies.
Bugs: mailto:ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
Origin: Ubuntu
----

Thanks in advance for any useful information,

Andy

PS. Please CC me on replies: I'm not a list subscriber.