Enabling sound (Upgrade Issue)

Bill Thompson Billt at Mahagonny.com
Thu Jun 22 19:30:10 UTC 2006

On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 19:45:14 +0100
Patrick Drechsler <patrick at pdrechsler.de> wrote:

> I can confirm the effect that sound is gone after the last
> security upgrade (dapper) this weekend.

I added a line to the subject to separate this thread from the Mplayer
comments.

I do not have an answer yet. It appears to be user specific as I
have access to a Dell Latatude D610 laptop that is not having this
issue.

For the record, I am using a Abit AN8 Ultra MB with on-board Intel8x0
sound card. I also have a SB Audigy PCI sound card installed. Both
cards were configured and working before the upgrade, now neither of
them are. I hope to work on this issue over the weekend and will
post my findings.

--
Bill Thompson
BillT at Mahagonny.com