Enabling sound Upgrade Issue (was: Enabling sound (Upgrade Issue))

Patrick Drechsler patrick at pdrechsler.de
Thu Jun 22 20:32:35 UTC 2006

Bill Thompson wrote on 22 Jun 2006 20:30:10 MET:

> I added a line to the subject to separate this thread from the
> Mplayer comments.

Good idea. I removed the parentheses because many newsreader
treate them as old subjects after a subject change and therefore
strip their contents.

> On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 19:45:14 +0100
> Patrick Drechsler <patrick at pdrechsler.de> wrote:
>
>> I can confirm the effect that sound is gone after the last
>> security upgrade (dapper) this weekend.

JFTR: I'm using a Thinkpad R40 with following sound card:

0000:00:1f.5 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corporation
82801DB/DBL/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M) AC'97 Audio Controller (rev
01)

> I do not have an answer yet. It appears to be user specific as
> I have access to a Dell Latatude D610 laptop that is not having
> this issue.
>
> For the record, I am using a Abit AN8 Ultra MB with on-board
> Intel8x0 sound card. I also have a SB Audigy PCI sound card
> installed. Both cards were configured and working before the
> upgrade, now neither of them are. I hope to work on this issue
> over the weekend and will post my findings.

OK, looking forward to a solution ;-)

Regards

Patrick
A: Why is top posting frowned upon?