Dapper upgrade hangs - what to do?

jean-ooo at taming-openoffice-org.com jean-ooo at taming-openoffice-org.com
Wed Jun 14 21:51:46 UTC 2006

Quoting jean-ooo at taming-openoffice-org.com:

> Quoting Daniel Carrera <daniel.carrera at zmsl.com>:
>
>> If you like, you can send me a copy of the file /etc/sources.list
>> and I'll take a look (this file tells Ubuntu where to get the
>> packages).
>
> I don't see that file. I'll hunt around to see if sources.list is
> somewhere else.

I've now found it in /etc/apt/sources.list so here it is.
Thanks! -- Jean

# deb cdrom:[Ubuntu 5.10 _Breezy Badger_ - Release i386 (20051012)]/
breezy main restricted
deb cdrom:[Ubuntu 5.04 _Hoary Hedgehog_ - Release i386 (20050407)]/
hoary main restricted

# deb http://au.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu hoary main restricted
# deb-src http://au.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu hoary main restricted

## Major bug fix updates produced after the final release of the
## distribution.
# deb http://au.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu hoary-updates main restricted
# deb-src http://au.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu hoary-updates main restricted

## Uncomment the following two lines to add software from the 'universe'
## repository.
## N.B. software from this repository is ENTIRELY UNSUPPORTED by the Ubuntu
## team, and may not be under a free licence. Please satisfy yourself as to
## your rights to use the software. Also, please note that software in
## universe WILL NOT receive any review or updates from the Ubuntu security
## team.
# deb http://au.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu hoary universe
# deb-src http://au.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu hoary universe

# deb http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu hoary-security main restricted