Screen goes black on install.

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at zmsl.com
Wed Jun 14 18:26:30 UTC 2006

Rios wrote:
> Read your post on here, so left it running.  Turns out if you wait for
> all hard disk/dvd/cd access to stop, then press <Return> once, wait 30
> seconds and it'll spit out your DVD/CD.  Remove it and press <Return>
> again and it'll boot up to the Ubuntu login screen.  Don't know what I
> pressed Return to though and I agree it's not very good, especially as
> it's meant to encourage oem's.

Yeah, I ended up doing the same. Every time the disk seemed to stop I'd
press <Return> a few times and hope for the best. It seemed to work in
the end, but I get nervous not knowing what I said "yes" to.

Cheers,
Daniel.
--
http://opendocumentfellowship.org

  "He he. Maybe the problem is with the left mouse button :)"
   -- Daniel on IRC after 5 hours trying to figure out
      why nothing worked on his thin client... (it was)