Screen goes black on install.

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Wed Jun 14 18:52:09 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-06-14 at 19:26 +0100, Daniel Carrera wrote:
> Every time the disk seemed to stop I'd
> press <Return> a few times and hope for the best. It seemed to work
> in
> the end, but I get nervous not knowing what I said "yes" to.

Don't know whether it's Edubuntu or Ubuntu where you have this problem,
but Ubuntu at least is designed to install correctly and safely by
simply pressing Enter. (At least on a PC with no other OS, dunno
otherwise).

osdir.com regularly posts screenshot tours of distros, which often show
every single stage of the install. If you find one, it should help you
figure out what you agreed to.

http://shots.osdir.com/

Or try another pc and check there.