Screen goes black on install.

Rios ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Wed Jun 14 18:05:41 UTC 2006

How bizarre Daniel, I've just had the exact same thing happen to me
tonight.

Mine also goes black with the two cursors about halfway through the
package installation.  I'm installing on an HP Compaq (P4 2ghz) with
on-board graphics.

Read your post on here, so left it running.  Turns out if you wait for
all hard disk/dvd/cd access to stop, then press <Return> once, wait 30
seconds and it'll spit out your DVD/CD.  Remove it and press <Return>
again and it'll boot up to the Ubuntu login screen.  Don't know what I
pressed Return to though and I agree it's not very good, especially as
it's meant to encourage oem's.

--
Rios