removable drives no longer automount after upgrade to dapper

solemneyed solemneyed at gmail.com
Sat Jun 10 02:14:55 UTC 2006

My thanks to those who *respectfully* suggested that the error was mine, and
my middle finger for those who did so rudely.  :-P

I followed the upgrade instructions on the ubuntu site, and the results
sucked.  For those of you with better luck, I congratulate you.  However, I
think the problem here is that *luck* seems to be the most significant
factor at work.

I know I should do a clean install, but I still tend to resist the idea of
reinstalling every app I regularly use, each time the distro is upgraded.