Sound Card Detection Problem

Dana J. Laude kc9aae at bresnan.net
Mon Jun 5 03:05:35 UTC 2006

On Sunday 04 June 2006 18:59, Darek Skierski wrote:
> Hi.
> We working for non-profit organisation and we rebuild old pc's
> (PII & PIII) and then donate them to children in Uganda. We
> install Edubuntu for them, because this a very good sets of
> programs for the children, but we got one problem. Usually we
> use second-hand hardware pieces and we have like about 30
> Sound Blaster 16 cards (ISA) and Edubuntu did not detect them.
<snip>

I've had this card working under debian before, so it is
possible.  Do a search via google and find the jumper settings,
and setup your bios to reserve the irq for the card. I'll look
on some old backup sets and see if I still have this, but I
doubt it. You definitely have to have manual entries
in /etc/modprobe.d.

Dana