Unsubscribe!

Lorin Pino ljpino at grm.net
Sat Jun 3 13:08:19 UTC 2006

Alan McKinnon wrote:

>On Friday 02 June 2006 19:18, Pupeno wrote:
>

> (snip)
>
>There needs to be some easy way to ease
>the average user into how mailing lists work, something like an FAQ
>that gets automatically sent out every two weeks, and explains the
>rules whatever they are. This _might_ cut down on some of the longer
>threads that sprout up

Mandrake(iva) sent a message every week on their list.  The message had
links to unsubscribe, mandrake related stuff, and had a short ettiquette
explanation.  It may be helpful, but I don't know if it was necessary to
send it every week.

I just changed my e-mail address, and had no problem with the change.
Maybe something could be incorporated with the confirmation e-mail.
Maybe with a big notice across the top to save it for further use? :)

Mandrake still had trouble with people not knowing how to subscribe, so
whatever is done, there will still be an occasional problem.

~Lorin