Unsubscribe!

Alan McKinnon alan at linuxholdings.co.za
Sun Jun 4 23:33:29 UTC 2006

On Saturday 03 June 2006 15:08, Lorin Pino wrote:
> Mandrake(iva) sent a message every week on their list.  The message
> had links to unsubscribe, mandrake related stuff, and had a short
> ettiquette explanation.  It may be helpful, but I don't know if it
> was necessary to send it every week.

This seems to be the usual solution. I think weekly is often enough to
put most newbies on the right path - any longer and a large number
get upset long before the reminder note comes along.

There will always be the occasional case where someone doesn't read
the notice, but I'd be happy with helping 90% of newbies out *before*
they get upset

--
If only me, you and dead people understand hex,
how many people understand hex?

Alan McKinnon
alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za