Unsubscribe!

Alan McKinnon alan at linuxholdings.co.za
Sat Jun 3 10:52:03 UTC 2006

On Friday 02 June 2006 19:18, Pupeno wrote:
> Actually, if there's people using Ubuntu that (subscribe to the
> mailing and that) doesn't know what a mailing list it is a very
> good sign for Ubuntu. After all, the average user is targeted and
> the average user doesn't know what a mailing list is.
> I bet you don't get much people not knowing what a mailing list is
> on the Linux's dev list.

You raise a good point. By and large, the old hands tend to use
mailing lists and newbies tend to use forums. Not always of course,
that's just the general case. There needs to be some easy way to ease
the average user into how mailing lists work, something like an FAQ
that gets automatically sent out every two weeks, and explains the
rules whatever they are. This _might_ cut down on some of the longer
threads that sprout up

--
If only me, you and dead people understand hex,
how many people understand hex?

Alan McKinnon
alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za