tetex errors

Henk Postma henkpm at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 19:37:19 UTC 2006

Dear all,

My latex installation on dapper has been messed up ever since it has been
trying to update tetex. The errors are

dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of tetex-extra:
 tetex-extra depends on tetex-base (>= 3.0-11); however:
  Package tetex-base is not configured yet.
dpkg: error processing tetex-extra (--configure):

After a lot of digging, I have traced it to the following message

! TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [pattern memory=262143].

Unfortunately, running latex on a regular .tex file now also breaks with the
same message.

Please help, I need latex on a daily basis ...

-- Henk Postma

--
http://post.ma.cx