Slow VMware over X11 performance on Dapper upgrade

Chris ubuntu at functionalfuture.com
Wed Jul 19 14:40:06 UTC 2006

Chris wrote:
> I can dual boot between Breezy and Dapper and see the difference.  On
> Breezy VMware over X11 runs at native speed, on Dapper it's repainting
> slow like VNC.

Just to be clear, this is the Ubuntu _host_ (the X11 server) that I'm
booting between and it's the one actually running VMware.  The X11
display client is an Apple/OSX machine and doesn't change.

That's why this seems strange.  It's like the network protocol gets
botched between Ubuntu/Xorg versions.

--
// Chris