10 GbE on T2000 running Ubuntu

Srinivasan, Kamalavasan kamalavasan.srinivasan at intel.com
Mon Jul 17 18:03:16 UTC 2006

Hi,

I recently installed Ubuntu on our T2000 server. I am unable to get the
10 GbE card working. I have installed the appropriate driver and I can
see it installed when I do a modinfo. The link works fine when I boot
into Solaris 10. When I boot Ubuntu I do an "ifconfig" to bring up the
interface with a static IP address. Though, the "ifconfig interface"
says the link is up I cannot ping another machine. I connected two
machines back to back, so the link is not going through other
intermediate routes.

Have other users successfully configured the 10 GbE interface in T2000
running Ubuntu?  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kamal