Koffice

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 12:32:11 UTC 2006

On 7/11/06, VIGNESH <vignesh1986 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > 6) To be honest - why bother? What is wrong with the Ubuntu version of
> > koffice?
>
> I just want to compile and install atleast one software from the source...

One easy thing to start with would be your linux kernel. The bigger
office packages have tons of dependencies, and will likely take hours
to compile all the pieces. The kernel is large and (depending on your
system) may take hours to compile, too, but the process can be very
instructive.

If you want to compile a "userland" program, you probably want to
start with something small and/or one with relatively few
dependencies. Sorry I don't know an example off the top of my head...
one thing I have considered looking into myself is xsane... that
should be a LOT less complicated than an office program, but probably
not small. (I'm writing this without looking.)