Koffice

VIGNESH vignesh1986 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 11:48:45 UTC 2006

> 1) <rant> PLEASE, PLEASE  _don't_  top post - I had to cut/paste your text
> so that this would make some kind of sense. Putting answers in front of
> questions just creates confusion and extra work ... </rant>

I am sorry....

2) Did you run the commands I suggested ? That is

> sudo apt-get build-dep koffice                   ?
>
> 3) Do you have a decent internet connection? If so, why not just use the
> koffice package that is already available, as I pointed out  (see my
> original answer above)

Nope...

4) If you don't use "sudo apt-get build-dep" you are going to have a
> rather long process sorting this out, with much searching and downloading,
> and trial and error, unless you google for the required development
> sources you need to compile koffice  - even then, you would probably have
> to compile a whole bunch of them *before* you even get started compiling
> koffice itself.
>
> 5) If this came on a CD, does the CD also have the development libraries
> and dependencies on it? ( Linux Format for example often does this by
> including them in the "essentials" directory on their CDs )

No...

6) To be honest - why bother? What is wrong with the Ubuntu version of
> koffice?

I just want to compile and install atleast one software from the source...

Vignesh

--
Registered Linux User : 418463