Should KDE programs be shown in Ubuntu Gnome menu?

Cybe R. Wizard cybe_r_wizard at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 3 18:27:26 UTC 2006

In the Great Book it has Been Written that on Mon, 03 Jul 2006 18:05:36
+0200 Alexander Skwar <listen at alexander.skwar.name> didst appear within
my Magick Viewing Screen and, being somewhat pleasantly supplicatory,
did polemicize thusly:

> Cybe R. Wizard schrieb:
> > In the Great Book it has Been Written that on Fri, 30 Jun 2006
> > 21:30:52 +0200 Alexander Skwar <listen at alexander.skwar.name> didst
> > appear within my Magick Viewing Screen and, being somewhat
> > pleasantly supplicatory, did polemicize thusly:
> >
> >> Hello.
> >>
> >> I just installed KNode, as this is my fav. usenet client. Should
> >> KNode now show up in the Applications menu of (Gnome) Ubuntu
> >> Dapper? I'm asking, as it doesn't show up and I'd like to know, if
> >> this is correct (I hope not *G*).
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> Alexander Skwar
> >
> > On my system it is in the GNOME menu under:
> > Debian
>
> Interesting. I've got no "Debian" entry. I've got: Büro, Grafik,
> Internet, Programmierung, Spiele, Unterhaltungsmedien, Zubehör
> ("sorry" for the German labels).
>
> > If it's not there, do you have menu installed?
>
> I didn't. I installed it now and:
>
> > then run <update-menus>
>
> Do I need to logout and login again to see changes?
>
> Alexander Skwar

No, but if you /don't/ see changes re-run it as <sudo update-menus>.
That may be the trick.  I normally run it both as $USER and sudo-ed
after any new installations.  It keeps all the different WM and DE
menus up to date.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Press 'START' to stop