CJK Chinese Japanese Korean Input Method configuration using SCIMin Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper Drake - testing needed

Gabriel M Dragffy dragffy at yandex.ru
Mon Jul 3 08:09:11 UTC 2006

I am running Gnome dapper with en_GB-UTF8 locale. I regularly use
Chinese input and read Chinese. I have the Chinese language pack
installed under ADMINISTRATION --> LANGUAGE SUPPORT.
My system is nothing special and I have nothing extra installed above
the defaults. A search for fontconfig in synaptic gave me the following:

generic font configuration library
Fontconfig is a font configuration and customization library, which
does not depend on the X Window System.  It is designed to locate
fonts within the system and select them according to requirements
specified by applications.

Chinese characters are not rendered correctly until I run the command:
sudo fontconfig-voodoo -s zh_CN --force
After logging in and out again - problem solved. This is also the fix
needed to get fonts going under KDE. It allows all Chinese characters to
be displayed AND prevents them from being heavily anti-aliased. I hope
you can find what I mention if I can assist you further please let me
know. I have to say I got all of this help and tips from #ubuntu-cn.

Regards,
Gabriel