CJK Chinese Japanese Korean Input Method configuration using SCIMin Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper Drake - testing needed

linuxa ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Mon Jul 3 07:44:56 UTC 2006

Gabriel M Dragffy Wrote:
> Sorry but I think a little something in that wiki is incorrect. To make

> all the chinese characters display correctly it is neccessary to run
> the

> command    $sudo fontconfig-voodoo -s zh_CN --force     The default

> character set (Dejavu) doesn't need to be altered.

Hi Gabriel, thanks for the feedback. I don't seem to have
fontconfig-voodoo installed on my computer, can't seem to find in adept
either. I did try running

dpkg-reconfigure fontconfig

But failed to see any options to do with the voodoo.  Could this be a
graphics card specific command (I'm thinking of the Voodoo class of
graphics cards).

Also, can you tell me what environment you are running under. e.g. KDE,
default language: English...

Cheers.

--
linuxa