iPod / Amarok / Buffer I/O Issues

scoultas ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Sat Jul 1 17:52:52 UTC 2006

I'm certainly not seeing the SCSI error entries that you get - so there
is some difference between our setups.

I did check the config file, and it does look I set it up correctly to
exclude EFI support.

Now for the good news - from my new kernel, I found that I could use
gtkpod to transfer files.  This despite continuing to get the buffer
i/o errors when the ipod is connected.  I then booted back into my old
kernel, and found that I could still use gtkpod to transfer files.
However, attempting to use amarok (my player of choice), it continues
to hang with a glibc invalid pointer before transferring even the first
song.  There appears to be no reported problem with amarok on this
front, although I am using the svn version of a few days ago.

gtkpod also seems to fail to transfer artwork, but I'll investigate
that later.

I do at least now have a way to transfer music - sorry this doesn't
help your situation at all, or even clarify what is going on!  Is there
anything unusual - strange character types - in the files that
consistently fail to transfer for you?

--
scoultas