Xorg 7.0.0/mrxt and colors?

Ignacio Mas Ivars nacho at kth.se
Tue Jan 24 15:51:03 UTC 2006

Hi all!
After upgrading yesterday the whole Xorg to the latest Dapper packages
both mrxvt and conky stopped working properly. Mrxvt (a terminal
emulator) does not start and it displays the following message:

mrxvt: can't determine colour: White
mrxvt: can't determine colour: White
mrxvt: aborting

While conky complains about many colors and just appears with everything
in a pale sicky pink color in the screen. I have had a look
at /etc/X11/rgb.txt and it does not include 'White', but 'white'. I
tried to fix it by adding the White entry as well, without success. It
seems that I have messed up with the color database in X11, which could
be my fault since I use a barebones X without most of the gnome stuff.

Anyone could point me in the right direction to fix it? Perhaps I am
missing a needed package in the Xorg upgrade?

Thanks for the help!
---
       ,,,
      (o o)
I will meet you at the corner of Walk and Don't Walk.