obnoxious bug with file-roller

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 18:28:11 UTC 2006

Has anyone come across this? Whenever I try to do something with the
archive manager, like create an archive or extract from one, it hangs
for a long time then pops up a dialogue:

You must log in to access username at host

Password:

etc.

The username and host it asks for are from a client that I have SSH'd
to before using nautilus. Whever I provide the password or press
cancel fileroller will hang for a long time again and then ask the
same question again. It repeats this maybe a dozen or two dozen times,
before finally doing the task I asked it to do, which does not require
a password and has nothing to do with the remote host it's asking me
to log in to.

The Take screenshot app is doing it too.