ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Sun Jan 8 13:46:13 UTC 2006
i am using 386-breezy my setup:
asus a8n sli-premium
- geforce 6600GT
- 2x512 Kingston ValueRAM DDR400 CL3
- deactivated onboard sound
- 1 deactivated onboard LAN (Marvel)
- deactivated all SATA & RAID
Linux = 2.6.12-10-386
installed nvidia-glx package
i face a strange problem:
bootup until logonscreen works 100%.
i can always hear the little *blup* when its ready to logon.
sometimes when during logon, while playing the startsound:
- sometimes the computer freezes (continously playing a little part of
the startupsound in a loop)
- sometimes it plays the first half of the startupsound then the sound
changes to a constant high frequency (~4000Hz?) beep and shuts off
- sometimes logon continues but all sound ends up as a noisy beep
always at the same frequency (startupsound, and any other audio
- sometimes (when i'm lucky ;) logon works 100% fine and the machine
stays rock-solid, without any problem.
sometimes means totally random e.g. it works 3days perfect, on the 4th
day i have to reboot 5 times until it works, without doing any changes
to my configuration...
i already tried nvidia drivers, no luck, same problem.
but once it started OK, it really kicks ass, playing TC:elite
fullscreen @1280x1024 with antialiasing & anisotropic texturefiltering
also CPUfreq.scaling works perfect with no crashes at anytime...
More information about the ubuntu-users